Tuesday, March 25, 2008

my latest brush with the emerging indian capitalist .. the tata andicom

this is a mail i recently submitted at tata indicom office to disconnect my net connection .. a picture of what the IT revolution in india is about :)

To,
The manager (idiot)
Tata indicom.

sub : request for disconnecting the virtual/imaginary internet connection provided by tata indicom.

Sir,
my tataindicom serial no: is 9215294818. I made the mistake of buying your imaginary internet services on 29th of feb 2008 from your authorised dealer in red square market hisar. The well dressed call girl in reception told me that the connection would be activated in max 6hrs. i had opted for 1800 minutes 325/mnth scheme. i did'nt see any connection even at 5 pm feb 1. i ask her she says there is some problem with the server!!!!! on feb 2 afternoon i finally see some activity from my modem.it takes 5 minutes to open a page in google and some sites like orkut dont open at all. i complain . the tata andicom (find what andi is in malayalam .. its a south indian language) office gives me a no: (some behanchd mukesh 9254192153). when i call this no: 4 out of 5 times i get message my call is waiting and to hold after holding for 2 minutes i get disconnected !!!!! fifth time i get to hear tata andicom advertisements.. i repeat the procedure for some 15 times finally somebody answers... he says he has to come and check my computer.. he comes .. finds out that i have better software with me than the one his company provides to find out details of data transfer and reports to his superior that my complaint is genuine ..( i tried the connection from linux also .. same result so it was not my operating system fault) he says he will return with his bada bhai and goes.. nobody returns .. he has wasted 50 minutes of my imaginary connection time and that is the only result .no more response from any where.. i call the office again and reports the progress... mukesh calls me and tells me his superiors in mumbai say nothing is wrong with the connection and he is helpless!!!!!! but he offers some help out of sympathy he says he has a matherchd uncle in the company who will understand my suffering and help me !!!!! and he was about give his uncles no: .. i disconnect the fone.. i realised that i was just another fool the tata andicom had successfully cheated..
then after a weeek a woman calls comes from tata office welcoming me to the andicom family .. i say i am not a bastard and i wont fit in the family ... i tell her i am disconnecting the connection after this month and i cut the line.. after two days the same woman call again to inform me of the various scheemes !!!!!! i tell her i make a mistake only once and i am not interested then she instructs me to give a written instrucion for disconnection to the tata office and asks whether she can help me any more ...
3 days back i get a message in the andicom dialer software that my bill for the month is Rs 52 and i have not even used half the time of 1800 minutes i had originally paid for.. my respected sir i am a PhD scholar and i have quite a lot of work to do myself .. i am sorry i dont have any more time to spare for ur andicom bullshit i lost a lot of money and time but i know i ll simply lose more if i claim compensation . but i do what ever i can to warn my freinds of the imaginary services by all means i can .. kindly have the mercy to disconnect my connection and atleast give me back my security of Rs 1000 which u told was refundable.. (they didnt give a bill for it .. the call girl in reception told the bill will be sent by post.. i didnt know about the andicom family that time or i would have insisted on the bill.)i paid Rs3700 in all 1000 refundable security 2700 for modem + connection . kindly tell me what i am i to do with the Rs1800 modem which is not even useful as a paperweight. and the woman in reception was also saying u wher providing some additional hours as a bonus free 475 minutes for 6 months. even now i dont know what that really meant.. was she talking of her personal time or about tata andicom internet connection????
N.B i will publish this letter in blogs and orkut communities soon depending on how much money i really lose.. you bastards still have a chance to play fair..
thanking you in advance.. bonded in gratitude for ever
urs lovingly sd
sreehari.s

No comments: